This first series of videos comes under the category of ENTERTAINMENT NEWS. Following this are various videos on different subjects.

At the very bottom of the page are WORLD NEWS STORIES on video.

Monday 9 July 2007

Save Harry Potter Petition

JK Rowling on BBC TVWaterstones, the book company, have launched a Save Harry petition to 'save' Harry Potter. This is what they say:

'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is threatened to be the last book in the series, and after that there will be no more adventures for the boy wizard.

However, we believe that one should never say never, and that there's always a way back, no matter who lives or dies at the end of the book. So, please join our campaign to persuade JK Rowling to one day return to the world of Harry Potter. We want to get one million names by July 21st (the launch date for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows).'


The petition was started after JK Rowling, speaking on BBC TV, let slip that, though she had now finished all of the Harry Potter books, there may be a glimmer of hope of more to come.

JK said, "I think that Harry's story comes to quite a clear end in book seven but I have always said that I wouldn't say never. I can't say I will never write another book about that world, just because I think: 'What do I know, in 10 years' time I might want to return to it'. But I think it is unlikely."